By default, vCommander® supports 16 concurrent sessions to the REST API. However, if your system has sufficient resources available to handle the increased load, you can modify the number of available sessions.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Under the Configuration menu, choose System Configuration.
- Switch to the Advanced tab.
- Filter the list by the string session.
- Double click the row for embotics.session.wsm.
- Enter the amount of sessions you want to permit and click Save.
Embotics recommends carefully monitoring the performance of vCommander when increasing the amount of available sessions, to make sure your API usage is not having a negative impact on your GUI users. If you require any assistance evaluating the performance, please contact Embotics® Technical Support.
In some rare circumstances, these settings may have been configured outside the vCommander user interface. If this is the case, the legacy method of setting the number of available sessions must be undone before any setting configured via the interface will take effect. To remove a legacy configuration, follow the steps below:
- Login to Windows on the vCommander application server.
- Browse to \<Install_Directory>\Embotics\vCommander\tomcat\bin\.
- Right-click vlmw.exe and choose to Run as Administrator.
- Switch to the Java tab.
- Remove the line that starts -Dembotics.session.wsm=.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Restart the vCommander Windows Service.