The Embotics® vCommander® Control Panel, installed in the Embotics program group, is used to change the details about the database to which vCommander connects. Most often this will occur when migrating vCommander, the database, or both.
The executable is located here:
- \<Install Directory>\Embotics\vCommander\bin\ControlPanel.exe
However, should the Control Panel be unavailable or unusable for any reason, there are manual steps available for updating the connection strings (settings) which define how the application connects to the database. Follow the instructions below to edit the connections strings.
Important: Operations described in the steps below can render vCommander inoperable if not completed 100% faithfully. As such, Embotics recommends that the best practices for performing vCommander upgrades be followed while making changes in this manner. You can also contact Embotics Technical Support for live assistance if you prefer.
- On the vCommander application server, use Windows Explorer to make a copy of the file \<Install Directory>\Embotics\vCommander\tomcat\webapps\console.war.
- Use 7zip or another archive manager to extract the war file to a directory within which you can work.
- Assuming you have extracted to a folder called console, open the file ..\console\config\vcmdr-hibernate-properties with a text editor such as Notepad:
- Overwrite values with your preferred settings. Be careful to make no spelling mistakes, as you must repackage the .war file archive before trying it with vCommander.
On line 15 above, the server name and port are highlighted in yellow, the database name in green, the instance name in blue, and whether or not NTLM v2 is required in pink. Lines 16 and 17 contain the login and password used. These are encrypted and as such should be considered non-editable. Save your changes.
- Zip the contents of the console folder into a zip called console.zip and rename this to console.war.
- Stop the vCommander Windows service and move the original console.war file to a safe location, and replace it with the updated copy.
- Restart the vCommander Windows service.