After successfully integrating Embotics® vCommander™ with Active Directory, you find that your users can login using User Principal Name (UPN) format but not NetBIOS format.
This occurs when the NetBIOS name is configured in such a way as to not match the UPN name.
Confirming a NetBIOS Name
To confirm whether or not a NetBIOS name matches the UPN name, follow the steps below.
- Connect to the integrated domain controller as an Administrator.
- From the Start menu, choose All Programs > Administrative Tools > Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Locate the user with which you are concerned, and double-click to view its Properties.
- Switch to the Account tab.
- If the username portion of the NetBIOS (pre-Windows 2000) name does
not match that in the first field, you cannot login to Embotics
vCommander using this format, unless you use what is specifically