The issue addressed in this article is resolved for new installations of vCommander® 6.0 or later, but upgrading customers will need to make the change manually. Unless you are experiencing performance issues or have been directed to make this change by Embotics® Technical Support, there is no pressing need to carry out this procedure outside of your next scheduled maintenance window.
The procedure below updates the size of your Java Max Permanent space, to avoid out of memory errors which could otherwise be thrown and to optimize performance. Log files will indicate there is a problem with errors that contain the string java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space.
To configure MaxPermSize Size, follow the procedure below.
- Login to Windows on the vCommander application server.
- In Windows Explorer, browse to \<Install_Dir>\Embotics\vCommander\tomcat\bin\.
- Right-click vlmw.exe and choose to Run as Administrator.
Switch to the Java tab.
- Edit -XX:MaxPermSize=320m to read -XX:MaxPermSize=400m.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Restart the vCommander Windows Service.