During the installation of vCommander, you receive the error message A Port Required by vCommander is in Use. You cannot proceed with the install unless you change the default port being configured for vCommander or identify and change the other process using that port.
To identify what's using the port, follow the procedure below.
- Launch a command prompt as an Administrator.
- Issue the command (example command line uses port 443):
netstat -aon | find ":443"
- The results will include a line for the local computer, showing the status LISTENING in the fourth column. Note the associated process ID in the fifth column.
- Launch Task Manager as an Administrator. If the process list does not show the Process ID (PID) column, under the View menu choose Select columns... and add it.
- Sort by the PID column and locate the ID that matches your results from the netstat command.