A default PostgreSQL database is included with the Embotics vCommander™ installer so that small deployments, those where fewer than 500 virtual machines will be managed, do not require a Microsoft SQL license. If you are using Microsoft SQL Server:
- create a database that you will use with vCommander
- configure Simple Recovery for the database
- create the user vCommander will use to connect to the database
The SQL user must be granted the server role public, at a minimum.
The SQL user must be granted the following role membership on the database:
You can download and run this query to confirm that the appropriate roles have been granted to the database user.
Important: To use this query, your collation must be set to Latin1_General_CI_AI. If you are using another collation, please contact support for assistance, or configure the roles manually.
- Running Queries Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Choosing a Recovery Model for Your Database
- Scaling vCommander Hardware Requirements