Embotics® vCommander™ uses WMI to retrieve information about the Windows guests in your environment. If one or more VMs are not displaying these details properly, you can get information back from the Configure for Guest OS Scan context menu dialog to help you determine why it is failing.
- In the Operational or VMs and Templates view, right-click the VM and choose Change Management > Configure for Guest OS Scan.
- Confirm the settings for IP Address and Credentials are as expected. Click Test.
- A message appears indicating whether the scan will be successful.
If the error message returned is Error when querying data: Message not found for errorCode: 0xC0000034 this usually indicates that the Remote Registry Windows service is not available on the guest.
To resolve, confirm that Remote Registry is available:
- Login to the guest OS as an Administrator.
- Launch the Service Control Manager by issuing the command services.msc from the Start Menu or command line.
- Right-click Remote Registry in the list of services, and choose Properties.
- On the General tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
- If the Service status is anything other than Started, click Start.
- Click Apply, then OK.
Alternatively, you can use Windows Group Policy to control service startup types.